IEC Certification and Testing
International Laser Safety Compliance!
The International marketplace outside of the US, Canada and Europe require compliance with IEC 60825 and AS/NZS 2211 for Laser and LED products.
Laser Product Safety LLC serves the International community. Product samples are shipped to Laser Product Safety LLC for testing and evaluation from all over the world.
You can find us serving in every corner of the globe. Fiber Optic Telecom Equipment, Information Technology Equipment, Military Equipment, Audio/Video Equipment, Medical and Dental Equipment, Laboratory and Measurement Equipment, LED Arrays, Portable Tools, Laser Levels, Iris scanners, Bar-code scanners, Imaging, Projection, Laser Rangefinders, Photographic Equipment.
Also included are products intended for use with, or protection from Lasers or LEDs. laser markers for packaging, engravers, cutters, etc.
1. IEC 60825-1:1993+A1:1997+A2:2001 and IEC 60825-1:2007 and AS/NZS 2211.1, Safety of laser products. This is the base standard.
All laser and LED (depending on the LED application) products must be tested, classified and brought in compliance with the base standard.
2. IEC 60825-2 (2004), Safety of optical fiber communication systems.
This standard applies to completely installed, end to end optical networks, and, it also applies to optical network telecommunication servers, routers, amplifiers, and sub-assemblies sold separately.
Both the base standard and this standard apply to this type of equipment.
3. IEC 60825-4:1997+A1:2002+A2:2003, Safety of laser guards. This standard applies to laser guards that enclose the process zone of laser processing machines and equipment. Products containing a laser or an LED that employs a laser guard that encloses the process zone must meet both the base standard and this standard.
4. IEC 60825-6(1999-07), Safety of products with optical sources, used exclusively for visible information transmission to human eye. Products containing a laser or an LED that are exclusively used for transmission of information to the human eye must meet both the base standard and this standard.
5. IEC 60825-7(2000-06), Safety of products emitting infrared optical radiation, exclusively for wireless “free air” data transmission and surveillance. Products containing an infrared laser or an LED that are exclusively used for wireless free air data transmission and surveillance must meet both the base standard
and this standard.
6. IEC 60825-12(2004-02), Safety of free space optical communication systems used for transmission of information. Products containing a laser or an LED that transmits information through free space must meet the base standard and this standard.
7. IEC 601-2-22(1995-11), Safety of diagnostic and therapeutic laser equipment. Medical equipment containing a laser or an LED used for diagnostic and therapeutic treatment must meet both the base standard and this standard.
8. IEC 62471 Ed. 1 and CIE S 009/E:2002, International Standard for Photo-biological Safety for Lamps Lamp Systems – General Requirements.